NEWS: The law called the National Defense Authorization Act 2012 (NDAA) allows the government to:
- Search your home and person without a warrant.
- Arrest you on suspicion of terrorism or for "belligerent acts."
- To detain you indefinitely
- To deny you access to an attorney
- To deny you the right of trial
This law was passed under the guise of protecting us from domestic terrorism, HOWEVER this allows the government far too much power to harass anyone who they deem as a threat to them. This law must be reversed. Congress passed the law and Obama has already signed it. Our only defense now by getting state governments to stand against it!
WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT: The state legislature of Michigan has passed a law that makes the NDAA illegal in that state. You can contact your state's legislators and your governor and urge them to propose a law nullifying NDAA 2012 in your state! For those in Kentucky, you can see who is your legislator and how to contact them by clicking here.